Easiest Way to Remove Your Trim!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckchic97

Beast Mode
Reaction score
Hey guys I dunno if any of you have done this or not, great if you have cuz it saves SO much time!

When removing the trim off of your truck simply grab a hose and run hot water out of it and soak your trim. Just start on one piece hold the hot water on it for about 30 seconds (depending on hot hot your water is) and pull back on a corner of the trim. It should start peeling right off! Simultaneously pull and have the hot water on it and it will come right off! :) It also usually takes most of the adhesive with it. It seriously took about five min to remove all of the trim on my truck and my boss's truck. Then bust out your eraser wheel (crud thud, whatever you call it) to get the rest of the left over adhesive off and whalah! lol No need for wasting time with a heat gun or adhesive removers.

HOWEVER::::::::: Do NOT get in too much of a hurry as I said it only takes about 5 minutes..do NOT pull super hard on the trim or you will effff up your truck lol just let the hot water do its job!! Hope this helps someone out there :) :buffer:

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
"Walah." Didn't know you were French! Lol!
Good stuff! I've always just used a heat gun, & heated the trim up until it was almost to hot to touch. I've never hurt the paint doing this, but, to quote John Lennon,..."I'VE GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS!!!"

Truckchic97

Beast Mode
Reaction score
"Walah." Didn't know you were French! Lol!
Good stuff! I've always just used a heat gun, & heated the trim up until it was almost to hot to touch. I've never hurt the paint doing this, but, to quote John Lennon,..."I'VE GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS!!!"

LOL nice ha yeah i hate using heat guns just because its so easy to mess something up , whether its you or your truck haha!

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
When your in cold weather I think the adhesive might come off easier, here where it's hott I spent more time erasing than pulling and I used an air hammer with a molding removal tool. You could use your hands instead of air hammer, but if you got tools - might as well use them :anitoof:
You must be registered for see images

or you can use these found at Harbor Freight
You must be registered for see images attach

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Hey guys I dunno if any of you have done this or not, great if you have cuz it saves SO much time!

When removing the trim off of your truck simply grab a hose and run hot water out of it and soak your trim. Just start on one piece hold the hot water on it for about 30 seconds (depending on hot hot your water is) and pull back on a corner of the trim. It should start peeling right off! Simultaneously pull and have the hot water on it and it will come right off! :) It also usually takes most of the adhesive with it. It seriously took about five min to remove all of the trim on my truck and my boss's truck. Then bust out your eraser wheel (crud thud, whatever you call it) to get the rest of the left over adhesive off and whalah! lol No need for wasting time with a heat gun or adhesive removers.

HOWEVER::::::::: Do NOT get in too much of a hurry as I said it only takes about 5 minutes..do NOT pull super hard on the trim or you will effff up your truck lol just let the hot water do its job!! Hope this helps someone out there :) :buffer:

Wish i would have thought of that... i just went to town and started pulling with out any heat! LOL I take you know that if you pull super hard on the trim you'll eff up your truck by experience? lol

Truckchic97

Beast Mode
Reaction score
Wish i would have thought of that... i just went to town and started pulling with out any heat! LOL I take you know that if you pull super hard on the trim you'll eff up your truck by experience? lol

no lol i just kno it will happen. not as easy if you are pulling off camaro trim..that is riveted on... :mad: lol

Wstrnsky

Big Sky Country
Reaction score
Also instead of pulling on the trim you can use gloves and fishing line to get underneath it and pull the fishing line back with both hands. Use the hot water method or the heat gun to heat it up first.