early 4l80e to 6.0?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joe yuhaus

Reaction score
never heard of black bear I will give them a call psi is who told me they couldn't make a harness for my 6.0 and my early 4l80e. they could only do it for the late model. they recommend I change to a late model trans.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just realized you had a pre-'95 truck that this was going into, my mistake. I didn't realize that the harnesses were that much different between OBD1 and OBD2 trucks but that explains why you'd be wanting a different wiring harness to run the 0411. I know there are people out there who will custom make or modify existing wiring harnesses. Try the Sloppy Mechanics Facebook group if you have a FB account. I know Matt had someone on there make him a harness for his Colorado with an LQ4/80E.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'd still just run a 6.0/4L80 harness. I've done a few EFI swaps, they're tedious and time consuming but oh so worth it when they're done. Turn the key and go, no horsing around nothing. And all at a fraction of the cost of the FITech. I was not experienced when I started, I gained experience by learning and doing.

joe yuhaus

Reaction score
it already ran and reliable with the fitech for 8 to 10k it is a great turn key system. literally plugged into the engine like a stock harness all it needed was power and ground. And and a safe place for the fuse block and CPU. I'm not changing the engine or harness at all I don't think any of you understand the question. I don't need or want a different or custom computer or harness. all I want to know is what things a 93 tbi 4l80e uses on the stock engine to make it shift so I can wire all those stock things to their counterpart on my 6.0. And truck the stock cpu into doing it's job to shift the trans still. as stated when guys carb these trucks they eliminate the computer from running the tbi. But by using a carb with a TPS they truck the CPU into shifting and controlling pickup. so I know I need to wire the stock tps wiring to the LS TPS. But that can' be the only sensor I need to do that with to trick it.

joe yuhaus

Reaction score
I understood the question, I just don't know the answer. And felt the need to point out that with a factory 0411 setup instead of the FITech you wouldn't have these issues.

If no one here has the info you're looking for you might try http://www.gearhead-efi.com/ or https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/
how would the factory cpu change anything? according to psi you can't make that modern CPU run my trans. I'd still have a running motor but be wondering what I need to wire up from whats already there to the stock 6.0 harness to work the cpu already running the trans. I'd be in the same boat but out another grand in rounding up parts and tuning? for all that hassle I buy an 800 stand alone controller for the trans

joe yuhaus

Reaction score
I'm not trying to be rude guys. but it should be something simple I've checked every Chevy and ls forum no-one has an answer even if I went your route with a stock CPU. no-one knows how to make that work my trans no company I've found can make a harness the plugs into my 6.0 then into a CPU then to whatever currently runs my trans.

joe yuhaus

Reaction score
like I said PSI and other forums told me to get a newer trans and the harness and computer for all that and put it in. thats to much nonsense.

joe yuhaus

Reaction score
need a guy who knows TBI trucks to chime in someone who has carbed one and knows besides the tps which other sensors I need hooked up can't be more then four or five things TBI computers were slow turds

Black_cirrus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Look up the info from the diesel guys they figured it out, I don't remember it for sure but the oe ecm needs the TPS like you said and might work if it can determine engine rpm from the 4l80 speed sensor you might not have to work any harder then that. Just leave the whole tbi harness in the truck and try it, the original ecm will only control the trans. The early diesel 4l80e had an ecm set up pretty much like this.
I saw instructions on making a 4l80 shift with a hand full of switches also.
In the end a full swap of a 6.0 with matching trans and harness would be better but not as simple as the fi-tech seems to be.