Dylan's 89 c1500 scsb on going project.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D_EATON

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
More current updates

So the next issue I ran into was when we tried to put the blower belt on. With the wider belt comes wider pulleys obviously and well now the blower tensioner and pulley is hitting my idler pulley on accessory bracket. So after removing the idler pulley from the bracket and then installing belt on blower now that the clearance issue was out of the way we can see how far the tensioner on blower moves over and how much room we have to remount the idler pulley for the accessory bracket since thats what directs the belt under the blower snout.

You must be registered for see images attach

No matter where i moved my existing idler pulley it was hitting something, blower snout, blower tensioner or water pump pulley. So I found that i needed a smaller pulley, went from the stock pulley around 3" down to this IMT pulley that is right about 2" and a hell of alot nicer. Stainless steel and can spin 27,000 rpms :headbang:

Currently working on a mount for the pulley along with making sure the bracket clears everything. Picked up a billet specialties 90 degree water neck so it clears my bracket and leaves room to run radiator hoses around belts.

Also picked up a new MASSIVE be cool radiator, electrican fans and wiring harness to make sure this thing stays cool. Also have a buddy making a mount to cover the top of radiator that will hold it in place since it is currently just zip tyed in place for checking clearances.

Have actually started on the plumbing too.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd like to open the hood on my truck and see that staring back at me. But it's not worth getting a divorce over. My hot-rodding days seem to be over.

D_EATON

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd like to open the hood on my truck and see that staring back at me. But it's not worth getting a divorce over. My hot-rodding days seem to be over.

Yeah I can't wait to actually have the hood back on it and finally get it on the road again. I am very lucky and my gf doesn't mind too much.

D_EATON

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This truck is beautiful. I just recently bought my 88 and intend to do a very similar build. I especially like that you kept it a manual.

Thanks, and very cool I'll keep a look out for the build thread. Yeah I really enjoy drive manual and since it was a factory 5 speed the 6 speed swap wasn't bad, but I wanted to keep it kinda old school and more of a mechanical feeling where you are really driving it. That's why it's stayed sbc with roots blower and carb instead of following the trend of LS and FI and turbo or procharger.

D_EATON

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got my stainless steel radiator mount done and as you can see it has a mirror finish! I like shiny things lol

Also got a new coolant over flow tank and had to relocate it and the under the hook work light cause I didn't wanna lose it lol

Got my new drive shaft from PST.

oh yeah and steel braided lines for the coolant too.
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

D_EATON

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New carb for the new set up

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

This came today and would love to get it in this weekend if i can find the time...... work on saturday and valentines day on sunday its not looking good lol

If anyone has wiring diagrams for the moonie gauges feel free to message them to me.
where did you get those gauges? i would love soms for my 88

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk