Dylan's 89 c1500 scsb on going project.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D_EATON

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok guys alot has already been done to the truck but I figured i'd put a build thread together and post as I finish it up. If you dont feel like reading there will be a video posted soon.

Here's the background on the truck. My dad bought it new as a left over in 90, Chevy Cheyenne C1500 with a 305 tbi and a 5 speed, manual windows and locks and bench seat, not your real eye grabber truck. He drove it till I was 16 and then gave it to me with 370,000 miles on with the original motor and tranny and only on its second clutch. I drove it till I was 18 when my dad got a call from a friend who knew we wanted to do a motor swap and kinda redo the truck. It was from that friends friend we bought the LT1 350 which has the aluminum 113 heads, comp cam, comp cam 1.6 rockers, weiand 142 series blower and a holley 750 dp carb. Unforantly dont know much more on the specifics but he told us the motor was built to run the blower... thinking back we should ask more about it but I was so excited I didnt think about it :nono: So now I had to find another truck to DD since we knew this was gonna be a long on going project and thats when I picked up my K1500....Anyways we got the engine home put it on the engine stand and looked over some things, contacted weiand and ordered a gasket kit for the blower. Drained oil, diassembled blower and inspected it and all looked ok then installed new gasket kit and new oil. After that we pulled the 305 out and sold it, dropped in the 350 and set the blower in place. we used the stock style serpentine belt bracket off that style truck with a little modifcation to the tensioner pulley to route the belt under blower nose that way we could use stock style components like water pump, power steering pump, alternator and most important to my dad the A/C compressor. Once that was done and clearance wasnt issure we installed all the components and set blower in place and bolted down. With everything plumbed and electrical hooked up and timing set we had exhaust hooked up and got it running, ran ok but we knew it had bugs that needed worked out. Left it like that for a month or two till we found the 454ss donor truck, which we got 4/6 belltech drop kit from, DJM upper and lower control arms, bucket seats and 14 bolt 5 lug rear end. :) Cleaned up and painted the suspension parts and axle and then installed drop kit on front of truck along with new belltech street performance shocks. Installed SSBC disc brake conversion and then installed axle and rear flip kit on truck with drop shackles, along with belltech street performance on rear. Needless to say the 255/70/15 cooper h/t were a tight fit, luckily the new 17" torque thrust two's and BFG KDW came in for better clearance and looks! Front rim 17x7 and tire 225/45/17, rear rim 17x9.5 and 275/40/17 tire. Next packages to arrive were the steel 2" cowl hood and steel roll pan. We installed the hood that day and then the following saturday pulled the bed again and installed the belltech c notch kit and also notched the bed support over the axle then reinstalled bed and installed roll pan. After that we patched the holes on the bed rails and I got a quick lesson in welding. I also got a new holley 750 dp blower carb since the one that I had was not for the blower application and installed new pressure regulator and gauge. Then i started tearing down the paint so it would help my buddy who owns a body shop out and will be painting the truck. It is now at his shop and he is working on it slowly in his spare time, I recently installed 2" rear shock extenders and new poly body bushings since it has been up there as well.

Video is a mix of pics and running clips from different camera's and phone's so please excuse for quality.

http://youtu.be/2Mae9_zdBKM

D_EATON

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so I had a minor set back. While the truck was at my buddys body shop my blower locked up and quit spinning. I got the truck back to my house and pulled the blower off and seen some marks on the rotors like something was sucked into the blower.
You must be registered for see images attach

So the next day I called weiand and they said they didnt do any in house repairs and refered me to another company who then told me the blower was now junk and to throw it away! I would have had a hard time throwing that expensive part away, so I got ahold of an old gearhead in town, who has some nasty blower cars and he fixed me all up and now the blower is back with all new gaskets, seals, bearings and oil! I pulled the motor apart to make sure that nothing was inside the motor. All was good and I couldnt find any sign that something had gotten in, but none the less it made me feel better. Truck is back up and running again. Oh yeah had to throw a new power steering pump in cause the old one was leaking like a sive!

D_EATON

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Trucks in all primer now, all dings and dents are out and she's ready for some new paint.

D_EATON

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My buudy and I painted the engine bay this weekend

Also installed a high flow mechanical water pump last week, also had some issues in the rear brakes. Got the emergency brake adjusted and the brakes lined up so there is no dragging and truck stays straight under hard braking.

D_EATON

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my grille, mirrors and bumper back from paint and im really digging the new color.

I also installed my new composite style headlights and wired up my HD wiring kit along with cleaning up all wires in engine bay.

Also here is a shot of the front suspesion. Belltech 2" drop springs and 2" drop spindles, Belltech street performer shocks and 1" 3/8's solid sway bar and DJM suspenion upper and lower control arms.

D_EATON

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Inside of cab is ready for paint minus removing seats. Not to sure if I should install a stock style console or build one and have it covered???? anyone with cool ideas feel free to pm about this

D_EATON

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Spent some money on the truck now that I am back to work after breaking my leg and having surgery.
New locked out pro billet msd distributor, blaster 3 coil and bracket, msd 6 btm ignition box, 8.5 mm wires, NGK TR6 plugs and Holley jet kit.

Also got some painting done, this is the viper red in single stage.

and this is it shining in the florida sun.

D_EATON

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got some painting done

D_EATON

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Viper Red!