Dual TBI setup on Vortec 5.7?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RGV2DRHOE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ahhh the mechanical knowledge you guys have just ****** me off!!! Nah j/k I wish i could build engines, and suspensions half as well as some of the guys on these forums, its absolutely amazing.

Redneckgeriatric

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
darn, im too late to this thread. i wanted to see what was done about all the fuel puddling at the edges of those adapters.

cngodfather

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would think in order to dial it in properly, you would have to have separate O2 sensors to dial in the front to the back. Even with a common regulator to keep fuel pressure the same and using the same duty cycle, slight variations of injectors would make it difficult to keep the front four cylinders the same as the rear four. If the injectors are flow matched, it may be more possible.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would think in order to dial it in properly, you would have to have separate O2 sensors to dial in the front to the back. Even with a common regulator to keep fuel pressure the same and using the same duty cycle, slight variations of injectors would make it difficult to keep the front four cylinders the same as the rear four. If the injectors are flow matched, it may be more possible.
If both TBIs feed a common plenum, it's not as much of an issue. I'm more worried about mixture variations between cylinders because of the intake manifold.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This can be done using an EBL flash board and a second set of injector drivers in the factory ECM to run the 2nd set of injectors. I did a crap ton of research on this and had everything short of the EBL before we got pregnant in 09. The vortec 383 is currently in @ccreddell 90 and he also has the intake, throttle bodies, air filter, etc. He also has an EBL but he doesn't have the injector drivers. It is currently running as a traditional single tbi. Perhaps someday he'll do the duals.

Oh, yeah, what a necro thread!