Dual Rear Exit vs Dual Side Rear Exit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

z71Tom

Reaction score
I am wonder what tip exit to go with.

Dual rear exit (On either side of my trailer hitch)

Or dual rear exit behind the rear tires.

What are you opinions.
I am leaning toward the behind the tires option. I like that.

Pictures would be appreciated.
Thanks

You must be registered for see images attach

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dont like either option.... they crush off road. I havent found one that is safe yet, so I running dumped. I think the straight back sounds the best though

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IMO behind rear tires since you cant go infront. also IMO i think rear by the hitch looks tacky

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yup and i also agree turn downs are the best and to top it off you dont need tips which means less cleaning and i think it makes the truck look better

davbell22602

1997 Chevy Silverado 4x4
Reaction score
Which has better flow and gives more HP behind rear wheels or straight back out past the rear bumper? What do mean by turn downs?

Sepiroth

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think MPG's will even play a part with either. As for turn downs, that means, more or less, that immediatly after the muffler, cat, or what have you, short tail pipe extentions are put in place instead of running piping to a preconfigured location.

Last edited:

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
turn downs are when you run it to just before the axle and get a little turn down pipe or you can just run the pipe a littl past the muffler and just leave it straight out