Dual Din Pioneer 2300-NEX in my 96

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boomer MN

Reaction score
Folks:
Just had my motorhead buddies audio shop in Duluth,MN install a Pioneer 2300-NEX stereo in my 96 Silverado.
I also had them add a back-up camera and remote door releases. When I plug my Iphone into this unit it is pretty amazing all the features that are available. Maps, Nav, WAZE,my music library, Pandora, CD player, Radio,and amazing bluetooth reception.
I bought the Metra DP3003 dual din dash kit and painted it with the blue paint from LMC. Pretty good match. Looks factory.
The Pioneer unit and the install exceeded my expectations.
Hats off to Brian at DAD's Electronics in Duluth, MN. Great job!

BoomerMN

Rawrrr

Reaction score
Sounds pretty awesome. Would you mind posting a picture of the head unit installed? I'd like some inspiration for my '95

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do you have more of an overall picture of the new dash bezel? did it seem to be decent thickness/quality plastic?

Boomer MN

Reaction score
do you have more of an overall picture of the new dash bezel? did it seem to be decent thickness/quality plastic?
I will get another picture taken. The Metra kit is first rate. The grain pattern in the plastic matches the factory dash. The LMC plastic spray paint is a close match to the factory dash pad.
I am very pleased. The new Pioneer NEX series has big time features that ties to your Iphone and Apple Carplay. It is probably better than the current OEM stuff being sold in new cars. I have no feel on Android capability.
BoomerMN

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I used the SEMS paint on mine and it matched really well. I should have painted the cupholder as well, but in person it doesn't stand out like it does in this picture.

You must be registered for see images attach