DRUGS. ARE. BAD. MMMKAY.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
The mobile home toters are short mostly I think for maneuverability.

Otherwise, towing anything with a really short wheelbase suuuuuuuuuuucccccckkkkkkkssss...and if it's got a heavy tongue weight, will cause you a lot of trouble with steering and brakes because it'll pop that front end right up in the air.

Richard

I’m aware of short wheelbase towing. I prefer not to tow with anything less than a extended cab Long bed.

What I was commenting on, was the fact that the back half was chopped short. Making the distance from rear axle to coupling point ratio to vehicle length better than would be expected from the vehicle.

On a long bed the axle center line to ball hitch is about four feet. That’s a four foot lever the trailer has a hold of to move the truck around. If you bobbed a long bed, moving to ball to directly behind axle. It could tow very similar to a fifth wheel/ gooseneck.

I’m not saying I would ever want to tow with it. Or that it would make a good tow vehicle by any means. Just better than a similar length blazer would.

redfishsc

Tired of fixing lousy engineering.
Reaction score
I dont know exactly why but it reminds me of the really short middle aged balding guy we all seem to know.... That wears his baseball cap backwards and still lives/acts like a teenager nicknamed "pizza mike" or "slimjim" and always wants to high five everyone