Drop shackled to level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treble

Reaction score
Looking for images of Level K1500, using drop shackles. Not having much luck using the search function. I've had the torsion bars cranked on my 94 for a generation or so. last Saturday I turned them down, now she sits the way I found her, ass up face down.
Soon I'm going to be installing drop shackles, hoping some of you have some images you could share .......thanks

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
why?

its a pickup truck, once you load the bed with anything pickup truck related it'll level out.

Treble

Reaction score
I know exactly what she is, I've had her in my possession since 95. I'm asking for images of leveled K15 hundreds using drop shackles
There seems to be a lot of leveled GM vehicles on the duraMax boards. Not so many here? Everyone has opinions on how their vehicles should look. I choose to have a level stance with my rigs. Drop shackles are going to happen with or without this board's approval

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don' have pics but do it. It' works out great. I'l be doing the same thing to a gmt800 in the near future

bsn1989

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks and works fine, Treble. There isn't any downside besides your pinion angle/load capacity might change.

Treble

Reaction score
The drop shackles made it in. I went with a shackle from heavy metal suspensions they have zerk's. How hard is it going to be replacing the polyurethane leaf spring bushing? The old bushings are shot, the new shackles only came with a lower bushing that are fed by the zerk's....
You must be registered for see images attach

Ordering new bushing before I move forward....

randomguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Old bushings are rubber and can be a pain to remove. Usually easier to burn them out. A hack saw blade works decent on the sleeves. They are usually rusted in and need cut to remove.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
yep, burn them out, heat the metal sleeve til you see rubber oozing out both sides then push it out. it takes a while with propane but its actually real easy.

Treble

Reaction score
It's looking like the polyurethane bushings are going to have to stay in those leaf Springs for a Bit longer. I finally had a little free time, and decided to do the install of the heavy metal suspension drop shackles.
This is ALMOST. the stance my Ninety four Was meant to have .... Drop shackled to level