Drivers floor is soaked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Echomirage

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't drive it much, but every time I do, after it rains, the drivers floor is wet, underneath the floormat. It can sit for days, so it has nothing to do with driving, or a hole in the floor. I even siliconed around the windshield, just for the hell of it.

Is this common? Where could it be coming from? Door seal?

Echomirage

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
maybe. i drilled a small hole for another oil pressure gauge, but its very small and i think i used a grommet. if its a hole there thats causing the leak, then it must be factory, water must be dripping down the engine compartment. again, i dont drive it much, and this happens when it just sits in my driveway.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It happens when it's just sitting an it rains? That would sound more like door seal since you silicone the window

Echomirage

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes, i dont drive it much, sometimes just on weekends. so its not from driving, its from just sitting in the rain. but nothing else gets what, as far as i know. the seat, door, interior plastics, etc.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You might not see the water but of you took some of the interior pieces out and use a hose it's easy to find a leak, I've had to do it couple times before

chipskittles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Might have some cracked body sealer under the cowl. This is more of a concern on the passenger side but there are body seams on both sides, so it's worth checking.

Stephen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't drive it much, but every time I do, after it rains, the drivers floor is wet, underneath the floormat. It can sit for days, so it has nothing to do with driving, or a hole in the floor. I even siliconed around the windshield, just for the hell of it.

Is this common? Where could it be coming from? Door seal?
Had the same problem on a 74 Volvo(brand new). Finally removed the kick panel and set a garden hose to run over that area. Got in on the passenger side with a light and laid on my back to look up into the driver's side area. Only took a minute or 2. The firewall above the upper door hinge on the driver's side was not sealed good. Used some spray undercoating and it never leaked again.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
I had a similar leak but mine was from the windshield. Had some nasty rust under the upper section of the window and wasn't sealing right. Even after adding silicon to the outside it still leaked. Didn't find the rust until i finally took the window out.

Echomirage

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its cold and been raining for 2 days now, so im sure its good and soaked. i havent had a chance to take it apart and look yet, but i have a feeling its something around the firewall area.