Drive Shaft angle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Babyblue93

Reaction score
Im Looking for suggestions... I have a 1993 K1500 with 3" body lift and 6" suspension and 37 12.5s. the angle of my driveshaft is pretty extreme so u joints go quick and so on and so forth the vibration comes and what. im wondering or looking for any suggestions anyone may have to help the problem or to eliminate it as much as possible.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im Looking for suggestions... I have a 1993 K1500 with 3" body lift and 6" suspension and 37 12.5s. the angle of my driveshaft is pretty extreme so u joints go quick and so on and so forth the vibration comes and what. im wondering or looking for any suggestions anyone may have to help the problem or to eliminate it as much as possible.

Your angle should be no worse then anyone else with a 6" lift. With my short wheel base truck I'm replacing both U-joints once a year, little vibration but nothing worth worring about. Maybe your d-shaft is out of balance and the vibration is causing some extra wear on the u-joints?

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You need to make sure that the angle coming out of the transfer case is equal and opposite to the angle at the pumpkin. If these don't match, you will have the problem you're describing. I ran stock drive shafts on mine when it was 9" + 3" body for years with no problems and no vibrations. I ran it hard too. My t-case and pumpkin angles matched.

What truck do you have? Carrier bearing?

Babyblue93

Reaction score
I have a 1993 K1500 regular cab short bed. ive never done since the lifts got put on so not sure about the driveshaft so not sure if the angles match. Just had the 6" suspension and 37s so got any suggestions.

Last edited: