Double DIN stereo install. 92 chevy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys, I searched but didn't get anything good. Has anyone isntalled a double DIN in the stock 92 chevy dash? A link, or pictures, just a general how-to would be fantastic. It doesn't look to hard, but I'm not sure.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A few people have done it, but ti definitely takes some fab skills. Btw, welcome to the site.

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
Thatnk for the welcome. I'm pretty comfortable cutting my dash, i'm just not sure what is the best way, hoping for some tried and true ways.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do some searchin, her and on Fullsizechevy.com. I think I've seen one on one of these sites.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
It can be done. I saw this on TV and paused it to take a pic:

You must be registered for see images attach

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like 2 filler pieces cut up and plastic welded together. Then A/C vents relocated.

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder if there is a kit for that dash piece. But the a/c vents are in the same place as they are onn my truck.

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
Hmm. I wonder how hard it was.Could probab;y build one, but I didn't think there was enough space behind theddash there to fit a double DIN.