Door lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MRAJB

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question about door locks, one of the power door locks on my rear door on my crew cab won't lock, it doesn't go down far enough to engage the lock. After pressing power door lock button, i have to walk over to that door and give it a little nudge. It does however unlock fine.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Question about door locks, one of the power door locks on my rear door on my crew cab won't lock, it doesn't go down far enough to engage the lock. After pressing power door lock button, i have to walk over to that door and give it a little nudge. It does however unlock fine.

Does the lock feel like it requires more effort than the other side when locking it manually? If so you mat get away with lubing up the lock and latch mechanism. See if it works with the panel off could be binding the panel. It could just be a weak actuator but I would check for smooth easy operation before replacing parts.

MRAJB

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, it does seem like it require more effort, but only when trying to press the lever down and lock the door. I guess I'll take the door panel off and have a look. I mean i know the motor and actuator are good because it unlocks just fine.