Donuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Put new donuts on my sisters 98 4.3. Exhaust still leakin at em. There a certain way they have to be installed? I never had to do em before.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been told that the ones at parts stores are different size compared to part from a dealer. When I replaced mine I got some from 3 different places an each one was slightly different size. Height wise, difference between the smallest an tallest was 1/8 inch.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
I've been told that the ones at parts stores are different size compared to part from a dealer. When I replaced mine I got some from 3 different places an each one was slightly different size. Height wise, difference between the smallest an tallest was 1/8 inch.

O joym i think i still have her factory ones somewhere around here. Mite throw them back in. It was leakin a lil before but louder now. Hate crawlin under em in gravel.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Make sure that you have BOTH y pipe flanges aligned properly and tighten both sides a little at a time. Do not tighten one side down and then try and get the other side to seal.

Also, make sure that the flanges on the Y pipe don't tighten up cockeyed. They need to be pulled up square with the exhaust manifold flange.