dome light problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joel barnes

Reaction score
Light works in the middle when door opens, but push button lights do not work. I have checked fuses and they are all good. Also is there an easy way to replace those bulbs? 1995 silverado

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
is there an easy way to replace those bulbs?

Not really, but the process isn't what I'd call difficult. Assuming it's the rectangular dome light housing with the 561 bulbs on the sides... There's a couple of screws in the housing that you can access once you take the center cover off. Take those out and the whole assembly will drop out of the headliner and you can access the 561s from the top.

joel barnes

Reaction score
Not really, but the process isn't what I'd call difficult. Assuming it's the rectangular dome light housing with the 561 bulbs on the sides... There's a couple of screws in the housing that you can access once you take the center cover off. Take those out and the whole assembly will drop out of the headliner and you can access the 561s from the top.

Thanks, I'll give it a try

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No problem! Hopefully it's just burned out bulbs.

By the way as far as removing the center cover on the dome housing, if you look closely you can see a little detent in the center of the lens on the long side of the housing. Stick a little flat head screwdriver in there and the lens will pop right out.