Does Anyone Have Polyurethane Body Mounts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey did you end up putting the energy suspension bushings in yet? How are they?

I went to install some nerf bars and one of my bushings is so cracked I could probably break it in two with one hand, so I'm looking at just replacing them all. Looking at the 3.4122R kit, is this what you went with (or equivalent if you have a single cab)?

Also, did you replace just the bushings or the other hardware too? I'm thinking maybe I'll do all the bolts, not sure about anything else though. All I can find online is people talking about the bushings and not the other hardware.

Thanks.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Hey did you end up putting the energy suspension bushings in yet? How are they?

I went to install some nerf bars and one of my bushings is so cracked I could probably break it in two with one hand, so I'm looking at just replacing them all. Looking at the 3.4122R kit, is this what you went with (or equivalent if you have a single cab)?

Also, did you replace just the bushings or the other hardware too? I'm thinking maybe I'll do all the bolts, not sure about anything else though. All I can find online is people talking about the bushings and not the other hardware.

Thanks.
Thanks for asking! I have not purchased or installed them yet, as I haven't really prioritized it since we've been getting snow n' stuff.

I had the same problem. I can't find any information as far as finding the other hardware. I have a body lift, so I'm going to try to reuse my bolts (only 3 hard winters, they should come back out). As for the cups/retainers/plates that are below the bottom bushings, or any other stuff, I'm just hoping I can reuse.

I don't mind reporting back unless you get to it before I do! Just be warned I'm slow.

Jeff7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah ok no worries it's all good. I've done some more looking around and some people seem to swear by the polyurethane bushings since they are much more durable while others say they were so squeaky they took them off after a couple weeks. Judging from that and how I use my truck, only street use and a daily driver, I'm starting to lean towards going with rubber. I'm up in Canada too so my selection is limited if I don't want to pay insane fees, but I'm trying to find rubber ones with all the hardware, napa has a set by Dorman but they're too expensive up here, going to keep looking.

Have you looked into doing the leaf spring bushings too? I figured it makes sense to do them at the same time, unless someone can tell me why I shouldn't...

Last edited:

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Look closely at those Dorman bushings. The only ones I've seen (for my truck) are part number 924010, specified "for radiator support," but I don't know if they're all the same or not?

Looks like in the bushing kits, all the bushings are the same except for the 2 rearmost ones on the cab. So if I could just buy the Dorman ones and place them elsewhere, I don't know.

-Oh, and I have not looked into leaf spring bushings, mine seem to be doing okay so far. However, my u-bolts have serious rust and are probably ready to break.

Jeff7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look closely at those Dorman bushings. The only ones I've seen (for my truck) are part number 924010, specified "for radiator support," but I don't know if they're all the same or not?

Looks like in the bushing kits, all the bushings are the same except for the 2 rearmost ones on the cab. So if I could just buy the Dorman ones and place them elsewhere, I don't know.

Ah ok I didn't notice any were different, thanks for that. I might just end up going to dealer and seeing what they're charging for stock parts (probably find equivalent bolts and washers at a local store for cheaper though). I did see a post about putting the NNBS rear cab bushings in for a nicer ride, so I think I might do that too if I go with rubber.

Jeff7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
95Bucket suggested RockAuto, I don't know where his comment went, but thanks! I can't believe I forgot to check there. They have the Dorman for much less, ES kits, and also Goodmark.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Well guys, I finally bought the Energy Suspension body mount kit. Ended up getting the black ones although I was close to buying the red ones...Just because they looked cool (red parts are always hot-roddy looking).

Anyway, I'm hoping these bolts come out with no fuss. I'll keep you guys posted on the install and ride afterwards. Happy truckin' in the meantime.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Got all the bolts out, but it was much uglier than I thought. One of the frame mounts were rusted through, so I'm still fixing that. Also, those cup bushing retainers (upper and lower) are crumbling. Tried calling the dealer, but I guess the only retainers they can get are for the radiator support. I may try to go find some lowers from the junkyard, uppers I'm trying to salvage.

It might have been time, but not cost efficient to buy LMC's mount kit for $260. Only thing is I'm not sure if their kit includes the thick steel upper and lower retainers. Another thing I didn't like after doing some reading, supposedly the LMC kits are made offshore and the rubber splits or fails after a couple years due to poor quality compound? Can't vouch for everything you read on the internet...But I didn't want to risk it at that cost for some steel cups.

-The adventure continues!

Jeff7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The PN for the steel cups is 11561074 or 15799131. I went in to the dealership and told the guy I just wanted to price it out but I wasn't sure how many yet, so he printed me the parts fiche with all the part numbers (see attached files). You can buy them from any "OEM parts" website, you just can't find them on there. For some reason they all have the same ****** fiche that doesn't show any parts with the frame, but if you search the PN they come up.

Attachments

• Truck Fiche.pdf
    765.9 KB · Views: 36

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
The PN for the steel cups is 11561074 or 15799131. I went in to the dealership and told the guy I just wanted to price it out but I wasn't sure how many yet, so he printed me the parts fiche with all the part numbers (see attached files). You can buy them from any "OEM parts" website, you just can't find them on there. For some reason they all have the same ****** fiche that doesn't show any parts with the frame, but if you search the PN they come up.

Thanks a bunch! That's exactly what my local dealer told me. He tried looking them up, "but for some reason, they aren't showing up. I don't think we can get them."

I'll definitely get some of the lower cups (15799131) but I still can't seem to find a correct part number for the uppers. :Insane:

I played this game last year with another car. The car is old so most of the part numbers are discontinued and can't be acquired unless you find some displaced warehouse stragglers.