Do I need a new radiator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys, been using info off of this forum for a while and decided I should probably join up! I have a 95 gmc LSE Z-71. I lost reverse a couple years back and basically parked the truck. I now have a remanufactured tranny on the way. My question is, is it a good idea to change the radiator and aux cooler or can I just flush the lines and cooler somehow? I don't know if there's a bunch of shavings in there or not but I would hate to spend all this time and money and have the dang thing fail because of shavings or whatever left behind in the cooler or lines. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks, Steve.

GaryCCR

OnlyBodyStyle enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it was NAPA, they sell a flush for the trans cooler, in an aerosol can. I would just replace the radiator. If it's original it's over twenty years old, and not that expensive. I just replaced my radiator in my '96 and I got it for about $50 online, money well spent.