Diesel Tahoe/Blazer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparkysikes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This, this, this, and this. And more of this.

6.5td lovers are in the worst kind of denial :)

Richard

My 6.5TD is awesome and everyone else in the world is wrong! Me and like 50 other genius people know better than the rest!

OK learn to drive a 6.2 or 6.5 (as yes they are special beast) and they can last.

As far as my 6.5 it's a diamond block or aka military paid fix for all the 6.5 issues. Basically it's the same bolt holes on the outside of block and heads and that's it! I have an upgraded military pump and a cummins turbo and aftermarket 4L80E so the weak links hopefully have been repaird

Reaction score
Always thought the 6.5 trucks were cool. Almost got a excab short bed stepside half ton z71. Then ended up with a 3/4 4x4 service truck. Definitely cool but slow a.f.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I found a 2 Door Yukon Diesel this summer . Very clean no rust truck just a lot of 20 year old Truck stuff I have been repairing. I like it though. I get a lot of questions especially from younger guys that like diesels now most people don’t they were built.

GM Guy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A 2 door tahoe 6.5L has been on my want list for years. :) Gotta find the elusive 2wd 2 door 6.5L tahoe if there ever was such a beast.

As far as the 6.5L, I can understand how some can have issues with them, lots of dealers and shops dont know **** about them.

Luckily i have been steered down the right path by other 6.5L owners and have had fantastic luck out of them, and no, I dont have to work on them very often.

I usually maul one over and do the checklist right after purchase, but after that they dont ask for much.

Keep them full of oil and keep them cool and they will treat you right!

Svein

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Norway has quite a lot of 6.5 2door tahoes, subs, pickups and even vans. Diesel has been cheaper than gasoline here for ages, so there goes. Found 9 diesel tahoes for sale doing a quick search right now! ;)