Did they have hood ornaments on gm400's factory?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, when the concern about pedestrians getting injured by hood decorations and help prevent them from getting snapped off, brocken off they came up with the spring base allowing the mascot to be moved in wide range yet when the cause is removed it "springs" back to upright. The Lincoln Continetal had large emblem with the " dagger " top. I always liked the square chevy ornament on my 86 K3500. You can see it here.
You must be registered for see images attach

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks as if some 1989 Suburban’s did.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Looks as if some 1989 Suburban’s did.

Not sure if the 91 square body Burbs had them, but my 90 did. Looked just like this except for the"GMC" instead of the bowtie.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if the 91 square body Burbs had them, but my 90 did. Looked just like this except for the"GMC" instead of the bowtie.
HotWheels part of the reason I posted that was I figured you’d see it and maybe interested. Definitely a cool poster.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yup that old GM literature is very neat to look at, great for documentation of paint schemes, accessories, engine specs, etc.