Did I just buy the wrong Service Manual?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In chapter 1 it breaks down the vin completely. Then the truck model numbers, numbers , not what name you call them. They are on the glove box lid, letter number model id. Page through volume 1 first chapter, you'll see it, shows serial number id locations, and RPO options breakdown.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Our trucks were the last to use C/K publically, but I beleive it was still used by GM internally. I remember when I had asked a body shop to order a new valance (air damn) for me. The parts guy ordered a GMT-800 part for me TWICE, and I was told that the documentation he had still said C/K. He still got comments from other shop employees though, since he had my VIN. I was friends with a guy that worked there and kinda hung out there for awhile when I was a "kid", so I don't think I was just getting a sanitized line, as a customer.

CMHII

Reaction score
Thank you so much everyone for your helpful comments! I really appreciate it.

Well, it looks like I have a very nice set of 1999 Chevy Silverado Service Manuals (they're almost brand new) that I don't need. If there is a member here who would like them for their truck (please, not to re-sell), send me a pre-paid UPS label and I'll drop it off at the UPS store this week. I think I paid $19 for the shipping. Message me. Thanks! P
I’m not sure if you still have these, but I’ll take them if you do. Let me know and I can Venmo or PayPal you the cash. Thanks!