Decent set up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhumboldt12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got pulled over for my last setup. So I have 3 inch pipe into a regular muffler for now. I need a tailpipe and some form of a muffler. Im looking for a decent sound, with no performance loss, but not super loud. Any ideas? Not sure if 3" into dual 2.5" tailpipes is gonna hurt performance or anything. Just an idea.

Sent from my LG-H820PR using Tapatalk

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Personally i run straight pipe no cats into a single in dual out flowmaster 40 Y'ed to 3 inch tips out the back.
Not sure exactly what size my pipe is, however I "think" it is 3" to dual 2.5".

Overall i love the way it sounds, great tone and sound quality and not overbearing; doesn't drone too bad or anything. Very meaty sounding. Kind of wish it was a little louder though.
The only downside is the smell of pure unfiltered carbon monoxide :eek:

Really Old and dirty pic of tip location.
You must be registered for see images

Spookers

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to have the 3" from y-pipe back to a flowmaster 40 single 3" in dual 2.5" out that exited straight out the back, it did sound good but tame good for a daily driver, ive since fabbed up 3" y-pipe to 4" into the same muffler with 4" duals and 5" tips, way more rumbly with next to no drone (a little @ 1800-1900rpm) and is surprisingly quiet cruising and idling but has plenty of sound when its opened up

dhumboldt12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does going 3" to dual 2.5" hurt power at all?

dhumboldt12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Personally i run straight pipe no cats into a single in dual out flowmaster 40 Y'ed to 3 inch tips out the back.
Not sure exactly what size my pipe is, however I "think" it is 3" to dual 2.5".

Overall i love the way it sounds, great tone and sound quality and not overbearing; doesn't drone too bad or anything. Very meaty sounding. Kind of wish it was a little louder though.
The only downside is the smell of pure unfiltered carbon monoxide :eek:

Really Old and dirty pic of tip location.
You must be registered for see images
Do you have a video of your exhaust?

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
Does going 3" to dual 2.5" hurt power at all?

It shouldn't. Theoretically, two 2.5" pipes will flow about 36% more than a single 3". The simplest thing is to stay with a single 3" all the way and use a straight through muffler (my choice is Jones Max Flow, which is pretty much the same as a MagnaFlow). I like the way duals look, and that's what I have on my truck, but it's strictly a looks thing.

dhumboldt12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah. Same with me. I enjoy the look of it.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Here's a little video, it's not really the quality that i wanted. Maybe this weekend i can get someone to film for me so i can get a little better quality. But anyway a little idle and a few revs, didn't go over 3500 rpm and it was already warm before i cranked it. Also reminder i don't have a cat. Something i really like is that it doesn't "pop" like typical Cat deletes do.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Also here's a picture of my muffler. It's been on there roughly 4 and a half years or so.
You must be registered for see images attach