Death wobble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
they should be nice and tight, it should take some effort to make it move at all, if they move really freely or you can push the side ways with little effort at all they are worn and need replacing. if you get underthere and you can't wiggle it with your hand then it's not worn enough to really cause the shaking. You may also want to jack it up and check your wheel bearing for play.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I have so many questions, but I think the main one would be : When was the last time you did tie rods, balljoints, hub bearings?? Also give us your SPECS on the truck will be helpful.

shrekmoose

Reaction score
I've had.it.since April of this year so havent had a chance to do much at all to it.

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've had.it.since April of this year so havent had a chance to do much at all to it.
I would definately check everything on the front end of your truck if you just got it. A lot of times people sell these trucks when the front end gets to worn out rather then replace everything, it's cheap if you do it all yourself but the labor to pay a shop to do it, especially if its the oe riveted on ball joints is quite a bit.

shrekmoose

Reaction score
I plan on doing all the work myself. other than the TREs the front seems to be in decent shape but when work and time.permits I'm going to go pick up some parts and start on it. What special tools will I need?

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
other then a tie rod and ball joint fork and and a pitman arm puller which you can all rent from a parts store loner tool program, for the most part it's just regular hand and air tools to get it done.