Deadbeats 1997 Centurion Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My escalade console bolted right in place of my stock console. Two bolts for the rear mount, 2 bolts in the middle of the console and 2 near the front of the dash. The front holes aren't there and would need to be drilled; I didn't on mine just used the rear mount and the existing bolt holes from the regular console.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
My truck didn't have a factory console, hopefully the blanks are under the carpet.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
A few pics of the stuff I picked up the other day.

You must be registered for see images attach

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Nice find! That's the cleanest Escalade console I've seen. Are you going to repaint it? I have some pics on page 1 of my build thread of the one I repainted. I found the easiest way to strip the old paint is with a pressure washer.
http://www.gmt400.com/threads/my-99-yukon-build-thread.22148/

Did you get the Bose sub with it? A lot of people hate it... But I ended up leaving it in mine. I hooked it up to a 600w amp for the hell of it thinking I would blow it to pieces. I sold the truck with it still hooked up like that... Sounded great. Really surprised me.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Yeah the sub is there. It came out of a Denali, there isn't one single scratch or chip on the console so it won't be painted. The mirrors are in excellent shape as well. If I can remove the middle parts of the rear door panels they are going on my rear ones. I also got the cluster, I thought it was a good deal, all of it really cheap. The key in the photo fits the console as well. I wish I could have got the seats but they were already gone.

Last edited:

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I couldn't stand the thought of someone getting in the rear of my truck and asking why I have radio controls on my console that don't work. So I removed them and made filed it down and covered it in leather. Since I build and repair poolsticks on the side I keep some leather for those handles around so I thought, why not. I still am not sure what I am going to do with the heated seat plugs just yet, but probably something covered in the same black leather.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I couldn't stand the thought of someone getting in the rear of my truck and asking why I have radio controls on my console that don't work. So I removed them and made filed it down and covered it in leather. Since I build and repair poolsticks on the side I keep some leather for those handles around so I thought, why not. I still am not sure what I am going to do with the heated seat plugs just yet, but probably something covered in the same black leather.

Looks good. I turned my radio controls into a cubby hole.

Interested to see what you do with the heated seat buttons. I haven't messed with mine yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Wanting to stay away from doing any paint or bondo, I decided to just wrap the buttons in leather as well. Maybe not the best solution but atleast now when I get some free time all I have to do is fix the cupholder hinges and bolt this bad boy in. I think I will find a 1 ohm stable amp, maybe a 200 watt or so and hook it up as well. The buttons were really hard for me to wrap. I may post a picture after I clean it and install it but overall I am happy with the look.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I put the console back together and set it in the truck. My truck used to have a bench with fold down console and none of the holes lined up. I think I like how it looks, where it is the denali, not sure on escalade, it is exactly the same color as my dash and panels. I still have to paint the brown part black to match my black dash and hook up the sub, plus, drill a few holes to bolt it down. Oh, and like every other one of these, fix the holes for the cupholder. It has the pins on the cupholder i just have to make a bracket to fix the broken holes on the console.