Deadbeats 1997 Centurion Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I'll pull that drivers side post and let the headliner down and take a look.

Pic of the truck back together.

You must be registered for see images attach

Put in bucket seats, still gotta find that 2004 F150 console that I want and need to drill 2 holes to finish mounting.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Got my exhaust leak fixed yesterday, guy that had it on lift said I was leaking a little antifreeze, guess I didn't do such a good job on the intake. What do you guys think, tighten bolts up a little bit more or just tear it back down?

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I bought an inch pounds torque wrench and checked intake bolts, they were good and tight. Worked forever with mirrors trying to find the leak. It was leaking right down on the starter and I just knew it was the intake. But feeling with my fingers they never got wet, and I noticed that little quick connect heater hose that hooks onto the intake leaking. It was running under the valve cover next to the gasket and down the back of the motor. I managed to get the fitting out, gonna replace it with the connector that uses a hose clamp and remove that genius idea for the quick connect.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Drove the rest of the tank out today, 85 on interstate and quite a bit of country roads, 15.1 mpg. I thought that was really good. Got a little to close with my boxing on the exhaust hanger under the cab mount and it is rattling, I think making a slight vibration. Didn't loose any antifreeze, oil pressure was good, and truck was enjoyable to drive. Kind of miss my civic radio so I am eyeing a double din conversion, I have already bought an extra dash bezel to cut on. I think I'll follow the example here : http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?17307-Got-the-Double-Din-installed-today/page2
http://www.cruizers.org/ddin.html
but I want to dress the bezel up like this one:
http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?12227-96-ECSB-stereo-system-build/page4

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Stuck in a GM grill, I think with a billet insert it will look much better than the chevy one. Plus the plastic all fits since it is OEM. Need to paint it white.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Think I just scored some nice door panels with leather instead of fabric in them. Is that factory or did someone wrap them? It is the area around the door handle bezel.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Put a new 4l60e tranny in last week, mine was making a bad noise when it would shift. She is good and quite now. Now my reverse lights are coming on while it is in park instead of reverse, is this just an adjustment on the neutral safety switch? I still need to fix the interior lights too. As soon as I put in the fuse it immediately blows. Would it be worth unplugging the doors and trying to put in a fuse incase something is broke in there to keep from taking so much interior out to trace?

Last edited: