Deadbeats 1997 Centurion Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I was just looking at the console wondering what held the rear cupholder shut and realized I had lost a part between pulling it and getting it home. A small piece made of sheet metal to hold pressure on it to keep it shut, anyone have one I can buy?

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Well I guess in the near future I have to pull the rear diff cover and see whats going on in there. If I take off really easy the truck goes a few feet then pops but doesn't do it again until you stop and take off. I'm thinking I might have spider gear trouble but I'll just have to look. What model NBS rear ends work in these trucks? I know you have to move the perches but that should be no problem.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I just ordered new rocker panels and cab corners from RockAuto.com . Finally got a good guy to rebuild a rear end for me. It should be done today. Anybody have any ideas on what color I should paint this rig? I'm torn between black and white but really would like something different.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I think I will buy one of those spec-d grills that have the mesh like the new silverados and some of the smoked color lights. Maybe a set of smoked color tail lights. I wish it did not have the tan interior because I would paint the truck a charcoal color.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
They shipped those rockers yesterday, one from Canada with DHL and it is at my house? The one USPS is at my house. But the one Fed Ex may be there next week. Isn't that crazy, Ontario Canada to KY in 24 hours but Fed Ex can't do Michigan to KY in a week?

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Forgot to post my radio here. Supposed to get a mint steering wheel tomorrow.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Oh my God these things were glued on like nothing I have ever seen. I wish I could get some of this to glue my rocker panels on, they would never rust or come off. One down and one to go, I hope they install easier than they came off. I did however find a fairly easy way to get them off I think, if the next one goes well I will post pics of each step but it does destroy the old panel.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Ok, the second panel sucked pretty bad too. Here is how I did it.

First, cut the leather 1 inch away from the insert all the way around it.

Then pry the leather back towards the insert. The leather will protect the insert.

After that try to pry a hole completely through into the door handle opening.

Work your way on around until it is removed.

Turn it over and trim the excess leather and peel away what you want.

Be careful and you will end up with 2 like these, now I gotta see how hard it is to remove the fabric and glue them in.

black90sport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
90 owner here so not familiar with the newer interiors... why didnt you just use the entire door panel?