Dash Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bver36

Reaction score
Just wanted to know if you could decipher my wiring nightmare. 91 Cheyenne 5 speed swap to 95 dash automatic gauge cluster. The only thing that works is the temp gauge and check eng light, no tach, speed, fuel or oil!!! Been going crazy as this is my daily that I thought I could do in a weekend. WRONG!!!

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just wanted to know if you could decipher my wiring nightmare. 91 Cheyenne 5 speed swap to 95 dash automatic gauge cluster. The only thing that works is the temp gauge and check eng light, no tach, speed, fuel or oil!!! Been going crazy as this is my daily that I thought I could do in a weekend. WRONG!!!
Never think you can get something done in a weekend on your daily driver. Lol I had that same mentality on my 92, ended up taking a month.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Were you able to figure out the wiring
I actually haven't done this upgrade yet. I was referring to when I put an alarm/remote start in it. Sorry for the confusion. Surely someone on this forum has posted the pin-outs for your truck.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Any update on this? I'd like to swap the dash from my wrecked 98 into my 94. 98 was a gasser and 94 is a diesel, picked up a gauge cluster and was wondering if anybody has successfully wired the swapped dash up.

Leo Guzman

Reaction score
Heres mine in a 94 ext Cab.I tried to look for a squared dash at the yard with no luck all of them were broken by people just to get to the stereo or speakers. But they had tons of the newer dashes picked it up From a tahoe for $20. Wasn't too much work at all it took me about 40 min for the dash alone everyhing bolted right up. Im Still working on it and need to wire my light switch and gauges Im keeping the original ac controls though also have a New steering wheel i havent installed.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Leo Guzman

Reaction score
Hi are you done with the wiring of the gages if so can u post pix of the wiring I am trying to do the same

Chris Rogers

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
for those of you that did the column as well - how did you fix the through cab hole?

99 esky column into a 88 reg cab here.
swap the mount obviously but the through cab part does not seal up.

88 bolts to the cab, 99 pushes through the hole and seals with a grommet.

thoughts?