Dash Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave11

Reaction score
ditto.. if i knew the HVAC swap I would do it tomorrow
Go to www.prodemand.com get the repair info on both year models. And you will have what you need. When you understand how it works you won't be afraid of it. I don't see how you can understand how it operates without a program like on demand or all data
I don't have access anymore or I would help out sorry.

Bigsteve

Reaction score
Did you use the old wire harness for the new gauge cluster and how did you know what wires to cut into

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you use the old wire harness for the new gauge cluster and how did you know what wires to cut into
Nobody has replied to this thread since sept 2017, I dont think your going to get an answer. Look in the top left hand corner of the post, and you can see when it was posted, and when the replies were.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Besides what Kennt said, if you actually started reading from the first post it clearly tells you the wires. It tells you what pin numbers moved and too where and, what color wires matched/chamged to one wire harness to another, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

JMiller

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to www.prodemand.com get the repair info on both year models. And you will have what you need. When you understand how it works you won't be afraid of it. I don't see how you can understand how it operates without a program like on demand or all data
I don't have access anymore or I would help out sorry.

Identifix works if you know anybody that is a mechanic or body man. There are other programs out there that I cant remember the name of. We use identifix in the bodyshop I work in. Very useful when doing jobs like this.

95Yukon4x4

Reaction score
I will be going through this process soon as I just bought a dash out of a 97. I have a 95 so I’m going to need a few things. I need to get the a/c duct, the cover for where the airbag used to be, and a new glove compartment because one of the two mounts on mine is broke. My dash is tan and in perfect condition. I’m excited to get it done! While I’m doing it I will put all LED lights through dash. I’m also thinking about the double din option but not sure yet. I will be sure to post before and after pics!

Jesse_Wenting

Old Thread Reviver
Reaction score
I will be going through this process soon as I just bought a dash out of a 97. I have a 95 so I’m going to need a few things. I need to get the a/c duct, the cover for where the airbag used to be, and a new glove compartment because one of the two mounts on mine is broke. My dash is tan and in perfect condition. I’m excited to get it done! While I’m doing it I will put all LED lights through dash. I’m also thinking about the double din option but not sure yet. I will be sure to post before and after pics!
Something I was considering doing but ended up just getting a used 98. Looking forward to seeing how it works out :)