Dash replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IdreamofYenko

Runnin Lights and Sirens
Reaction score
Subd for future reference. Gotta get to this once I find a new dash. Mine is shattered right in the middle.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Just curious, why did you not swap the metal framework along with the plastic dash? That would have saved you from removing and replacing all of those rivets.

I considered it but it seemed like more work than necessary.

Also, when I did mine, I didn't completely remove the steering column, but I did unbolt the driver's seat and slid it back so the column could fall all the way to the floor. That gave me plenty of room.

Did you remove the shifter to do so?

HIGH BOWTIE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great write up. I got tan interior and want to change it but didn't know if I wanted to mess with the dash. After this I'm for sure going to do it.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
discoloration (discolouration, for my northern friends).

Lol!!! Thanks for that. I was so confused up until that part!

Great write-up! Been wanting to add pw, & pdl's to my '98, but to get the factory harness, I need to pull a dash at the wreckers. I was kinda intimidated by that up until this thread! Repped ya!

T Hilde

Reaction score
Thanks for the great write up. It really helped me out with my busted up dash. Now its looking sharp again.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Thanks for the great write up. It really helped me out with my busted up dash. Now its looking sharp again.

No problem. It seems like a lot to tackle when you first look at it but when you just go piece by piece, it isn't bad.