Dad's '98 Resto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Threw on some new rear shocks the other night. These will probably be temporary to get me by until the truck is complete. I've been eyeing a set of Bilstein 5100's.

You must be registered for see images attach

Some goodies showed up today from LMC, best part of my day lol

Everything I need to mount the tank

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Got the anti squeak/rattle tape stuck on the new tank today and hung the tank finally.

I think the new tank support is in a tad bit better shape than the old. Could have reused it, but I snapped a stud when I removed it. Figured if I was cleaning everything up, I may as well get a new support.

Comparison of the old vs. new lines.

Cleaned the frame up with some Chassis Saver. Ignore the rusted out cab corner lol. It actually gave out and fell on me while I was laying under the truck.

Everything minus the filler neck and vent hose installed.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Not much going on today so no photos. Just ordered the fuel filler neck and a few other small parts from LMC. Should be able to start throwing everything back together this coming week so I'll finally be able to drive the truck.

As it gets later in the summer, I'll start replacing all of the front end components.

Have a good Memorial weekend guys. Be safe and remember the reason for it :patriot:

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
The filler neck and bumper hardware finally arrived from LMC today. I wanted to start putting the bed back on, but I had to help the fiancé with a bunch of landscaping around the house today. Looks like I'll start Monday since I'm working all weekend.

A little bit of a difference, wouldn't you say?

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
You're doing what I hope I can do to my 96 one day!

This truck reminds me of the 96 K1500 my father had, Midwestern truck but clean from what I remember, I can't wait to see more from this build!

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Did the filler neck come with the new hose pieces? Truck is coming along nicely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The filler neck actually comes separate from the hoses. I bought the hoses and clamps from LMC also though. The hoses aren't that pricey, but the filler neck was $100 :/

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The filler neck actually comes separate from the hoses. I bought the hoses and clamps from LMC also though. The hoses aren't that pricey, but the filler neck was $100 :/
Ouch on that filler neck price. Makes the one on rockauto for 60 seem a bit more reasonable. My filler neck on my suburban is getting pretty crusty and needs replaced.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Ouch on that filler neck price. Makes the one on rockauto for 60 seem a bit more reasonable. My filler neck on my suburban is getting pretty crusty and needs replaced.

There are quite a few different sizes available for these trucks. 1998 was a one year model specific filler neck. I don't think Rockauto had the one I needed, I remember checking there first.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Anyone know if the front brake calipers are any different in size on an F44 optioned truck than the normal 1/2 ton?