Dad's '98 Resto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Has to be thermostat I would think...for $7 throw a thermostat in there asap as insurance.

tstat and gasket is super cheap and super simple to replace, I'd definitely start there.

I agree 100%. The more I’ve been thinking about it, the more it makes sense. I believe it’s the original. I’m also going to grab a new thermostat, temperature sensor, and flush the system since it still has the original Dexcool.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Haven’t done much since last week due to painting our nursery for the little one. Wife is due in December so I’m going to be busy lol.

I haven’t ordered new tires yet, but I ran out into the barn tonight and coated the fender wells. So much better!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
Haven’t done much since last week due to painting our nursery for the little one. Wife is due in December so I’m going to be busy lol.

I haven’t ordered new tires yet, but I ran out into the barn tonight and coated the fender wells. So much better!!!

What product did you use for this?

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Not much to report, I’ve been working non stop so I haven’t been working on it. I drove it to work a few times last week, but that’s about it.

I plan on doing a complete coolant flush this week and possibly throw on a new water pump when I do the thermostat and temp. sending unit.

These came last week. Hopefully getting them installed with an alignment before the weekend.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
I was going through some of the brochures today that I collect and found what my truck will look like again someday minus the fact mines a Chevy. This trucks from ‘97 as the lower color was silver. It was changed to pewter metallic in ‘98. Anyone collect these old brochures? I have quite a few. These sure were beautiful trucks.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I was going through some of the brochures today that I collect and found what my truck will look like again someday minus the fact mines a Chevy. This trucks from ‘97 as the lower color was silver. It was changed to pewter metallic in ‘98. Anyone collect these old brochures? I have quite a few. These sure were beautiful trucks.

Theres a whole thread about chevy nostalgia in the chat thread, pretty cool stuff

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score

Man it sure doesn’t seem like that anymore. Nowadays I drive by a dealership and it looks like there’s 50 different versions of a new truck, and none that appeal to me. I can’t tell what trim level is what. I remember looking at those pamphlets as a teenager when Dad bought his ‘93 and ‘96 brand new. Those trucks were larger than life to me back then. As Dad used to say to his Ford friends, “it only costs a little more to go first class “.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Man it sure doesn’t seem like that anymore. Nowadays I drive by a dealership and it looks like there’s 50 different versions of a new truck, and none that appeal to me. I can’t tell what trim level is what. I remember looking at those pamphlets as a teenager when Dad bought his ‘93 and ‘96 brand new. Those trucks were larger than life to me back then. As Dad used to say to his Ford friends, “it only costs a little more to go first class “.

I hear ya man. I remember driving by the Chevy dealer and seeing rows of these trucks sitting out front. Not to mention seeing my dad pull in the driveway with this one when it was literally a week old. Those sure were the good ole days.