D shackles. .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I see them more and more. I really like the way it looks on the front of 88gmctruck. I actually love the front of his truck. So how do you mount d shackles and fogs in the air dam. And are the shackles actually going to be functional. Or are they more for looks?

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Well it depends on how you mount them which will make them functional or just for looks. They are weld able d rings and you can get them at tractor supply or a metal yard carries them too. If you want them for looks just remove the factory tow hooks and weld them in place. If you want to use them I highly reccomend welding in a crossmember to tie the two frame rails together and then add them to the new crossmember. I mounted mine to my custom front hitch which ties in the front frame rails just like a crossmember. I can post up some pics later if needed.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i got mine from a buddy who makes them

they work great with a body lift and help hide the front frame well

You must be registered for see images attach

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like how that is set up. But I don't want more than a 1 inch body lift. But I want to get rid of the hooks and Put the shackles. But I want them to be functional. I don't want them just for looks.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
he custom makes them out of 1" steel and some round spacers welded on, hes had them on his truck and we have yanked on them pretty hard and they worked great

he does do some custom work for other people and sorta has a bussiness but really its just putting stuff together for people he knows but he has done some stuff in the past for other people

here is his site if you are intersted

http://www.backyardfabrication.com/products.html

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just some grade 8 1/2" bolts

i forgot to get grade 8 at first when i put them in, but they now have grade 8 1/2"x4.5" bolts, washers and nuts to hold them in place

i just used 2 of the bumper bracket bolts and then drilled the other 2 holes and ran the bolts through

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't have a body lift, will it still work? To mount in the frame. Being the opening is behind my bumper.