CV axle issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zrenfro96

Reaction score
One of my CV axles is straight, and the one on the passenger side is cocked backwards. Does anyone know what might have caused this and fix it so I can get my alignment done

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure off hand. Tweaked frame, bad arm bushings, bad cv joint, but..... the cv shafts have nothing to do with your alignment adjustment....

Is it driving funny??

sent from what use to be a great country...

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The easiest way to see if you have a bent front end is by measuring from the lower ball joint to a position back on the frame that is the same on both sides. A hole in the frame that is in the same place both sides or a hole in the center on a cross member. Lower control arms don't adjust so should be in the same place both sides . Alignment is done with upper control arms and tie rods.

zrenfro96

Reaction score
I haven't drove it yet. recently did a motor swap on it and while the motor was out, I painted the frame and removed the lift kit on it to fix a crossmember. Could I have just put something in back wrong to make my front diff off center like this. Thanks for the help

Last edited:

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Before driving it jack it up and turn the wheels by hand to check for binding. I think you may have just separated the cv joint inside boot. The rt.outer joint looks funny to me.