CV Axle Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dylans95Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello, Ive got a 95 K1500 with abs. I snapped an axle a couple weeks ago and replaced it yesterday. I got an axle for a abs truck that has the teeth on it for the abs sensor. I pulled the broke axle out and it doesnt have the teeth for abs. Driver side doesnt either. Is this an issue? Were they changed at one point amd just replaced with the wrong axle? My abs light is on on though. Are abs and non abs hubs the same? I have abs sensors in the hub. Thanks.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Those tone rings are pressed on and can be removed by cutting them.I normally use a cut-off wheel on a die grinder but have used a hack saw(done carefully of course :)).Once cut put a flat blade screwdriver in the slot and twist,it will be easier to remove.
You must be registered for see images attach

grampadirt

Reaction score
As far as the ABS light goes you can pull codes for that the same way as you would do for trouble codes.Ground A to H and the ABS light will flash the codes.I found bad sensors doing this.And BTW I went to our local Pick-A-Part and after checking(with a DMM) to make sure the sensor & wire were still good I took it home and installed it,worked great.On another trip I got two more,very cheap.A lot cheaper than a GM dealer.

Dylans95Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As far as the ABS light goes you can pull codes for that the same way as you would do for trouble codes.Ground A to H and the ABS light will flash the codes.I found bad sensors doing this.And BTW I went to our local Pick-A-Part and after checking(with a DMM) to make sure the sensor & wire were still good I took it home and installed it,worked great.On another trip I got two more,very cheap.A lot cheaper than a GM dealer.

Nice,Ill check that once the light comes back on.

grampadirt

Reaction score
I don't see where it's snapped(old eyes I guess lol),looks intact other than the outer boot being torn from the clamp.I know these axles are cheap to buy but I like to replace the torn boots myself,just for fun :)

Last edited:

grampadirt

Reaction score
The shaft itself is broken out from the hub. The boot isnt compressed, thats the whole hub seperated from the shaft
Ah,OK.Too bad you weren't closer,I have two ready to go,I'd give you one..I have one I need to do the boots on which I'll do once it stops pouring rain here.