Cruise control fuse location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vallesfj

Reaction score
I have a 92 c1500 with cruise control. Is there a fuse for the cruise control and if so does anybody know where it’s at

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 92 c1500 with cruise control. Is there a fuse for the cruise control and if so does anybody know where it’s at

Greetings vellsfj,

I pulled this from the '91 electrical manual, but it should match what you've got. To answer your question, yes
there is a fuse protecting the truck from either a Cruise Control failure and/or chafe in the wiring feeding it:

You must be registered for see images attach

If this both answers your question and also solves your problem, great!

If verifying this fuse doesn't fix the issue, then it will be time for you to
download the Factory Service Manuals for your ride & then we can start
the troubleshooting process.

Hope this helps. And welcome to the GMT400 community.

Cheers --

name

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I have trouble with my cruise control and the fuse is good, I have found that either :

1) The brake switch under the dash is stuck on causing the cruise control to " turn off " ( usually hitting it with some wd-40 gets me going for a while )

2) Some water has gotten in the control box next to the wiper motor in the engine bay, and I have to pull the cover of with a torx bit and dry it out.

YMMV