crazymater91 1990 1500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Shifter came in this week. Still need to put it in yet will update when I do
You must be registered for see images attach

That's one of my most favorite mods I've done to my '97! Top 3! Huge improvement over the oar that these trucks come with!
But, the factory boot fits it like poop! That little rubber ring that's supposed to make up for the smaller Hurst shift arm, which fits into the top of the factory boot is a joke! Never stays put.
I made a custom leather boot that fits a lot better. If you're interested, I'll make one up. I made a pattern.
No pix of mine on this new computer, but if you want, I snap a few for you.

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?15248-Core-Hurst-NV3500-shifter-install

Forgot to post in that thread, but I did end up bending the shift arm. Back a bit, & closer. I used a bit of heat to do that, but it could be bent just in a vice. Much better.

crazymater91

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's one of my most favorite mods I've done to my '97! Top 3! Huge improvement over the oar that these trucks come with!
But, the factory boot fits it like poop! That little rubber ring that's supposed to make up for the smaller Hurst shift arm, which fits into the top of the factory boot is a joke! Never stays put.
I made a custom leather boot that fits a lot better. If you're interested, I'll make one up. I made a pattern.
No pix of mine on this new computer, but if you want, I snap a few for you.

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?15248-Core-Hurst-NV3500-shifter-install

Forgot to post in that thread, but I did end up bending the shift arm. Back a bit, & closer. I used a bit of heat to do that, but it could be bent just in a vice. Much better.

Okay I will keep that in mind! I remember reading your thread while doing some research on them before I ordered it, hopefully I will have it in this weekend! But I still have to put the head back on my wife's Camry before I can play with my truck!

crazymater91

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
got my shifter in last night :gr_grin:
wasn't to bad to put in!! so far I like it gonna take a little getting used too from that long old thing!! :drool:

old shifter

side by side

new one in

boot and cover on

this kit came with a little grommet that makes the factory boot fit so I will try it for now!!

crazymater91

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my homemade HD Headlight wiring harness made up!!!

Hopefully will put in tonight!!