cranking 2"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I already look like a tard driving around as it is. My cab was repainted but the bed isnt. So when its not ****** out and the truck isnt dirty you can tell haha. Front wheels stick out more than rear wheels. shall i go on?

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it looks good in your sig but you could def use another 3 inches lol but who couldnt! ( dick joke right ha ) well your wheels will always be that way without spacers, my rears are 3 inches narrower all together from the front, so and extra inch and a half from stock but its really hard to tell lookin at it.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In your sig it says your rocking aal and keys and a 3" bl. so whats the deal with your keys. do you have it cranked up at all? do you know how high your fenders sit off the ground.

Excessive

Reaction score
I think the point of 'Aftermarket' Torsion keys is that they re-index the bar so it's not 'cranked up' and twisted like you get when you crank the factory keys. Therefore allowing the torsion bar to sit in the correct stock position and increasing height without the stress, or at least not as much stress as cranking them. I don't see them being worse on other parts then cranking the factory keys.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think the point of 'Aftermarket' Torsion keys is that they re-index the bar so it's not 'cranked up' and twisted like you get when you crank the factory keys. Therefore allowing the torsion bar to sit in the correct stock position and increasing height without the stress, or at least not as much stress as cranking them. I don't see them being worse on other parts then cranking the factory keys.

yea im just inquiring how much his keys changed his ride height and how his ball joints etc are doing.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my stock keys are tweeked on 33 1250s but i hate it. i will measure them up tomorrow for you. to excessive... how do you suppose you get any lift out of keys going by your theroy? from my understanding they twist the bars to get you lifted, aftermarket keys must twist harder to get you higher, i dont see how it would work anyother way...but im not 100% so prove me wrong if thats your thought! all i know is your control arm bushings get put together at ride height, so those are going to get tore up fast because your control arms are now going to be stuck at their max travel and if not either way they will be past your ride height where they were set. it just throws off everything. i wouldnt say so many bad things about them if i didnt get affected by them. ill post the pics of my s10 that got screwed over by aftermarket keys and you can clearly see that it had hardley any lift over stock height. jcro61 ill measure my fender height tomorrow for you! do what youd like to your truck but i wouldnt mess with the keys very much.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my stock keys are tweeked on 33 1250s but i hate it. i will measure them up tomorrow for you. to excessive... how do you suppose you get any lift out of keys going by your theroy? from my understanding they twist the bars to get you lifted, aftermarket keys must twist harder to get you higher, i dont see how it would work anyother way...but im not 100% so prove me wrong if thats your thought! all i know is your control arm bushings get put together at ride height, so those are going to get tore up fast because your control arms are now going to be stuck at their max travel and if not either way they will be past your ride height where they were set. it just throws off everything. i wouldnt say so many bad things about them if i didnt get affected by them. ill post the pics of my s10 that got screwed over by aftermarket keys and you can clearly see that it had hardley any lift over stock height. jcro61 ill measure my fender height tomorrow for you! do what youd like to your truck but i wouldnt mess with the keys very much.

I am just trying to get opinions on everything. I think the body lift is probably going to be the way I go. That or a rough country 4" lift so I don't have to mess with my hitch. But at about a 800 dollar price difference.... All I know is while this is still my daily driver I don't want to go bigger than 33's as I already have the correct gears etc for them. I don't wanna get too crazy on a DD.

Reaction score
BL sounds like your best bet. 3" of lift and you don't have to mess with the suspension or ride quality. I'd go that route. IMO.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can see where this is all leading anyways. I just sold my scion tc. Once I replace it with another small car I can see a 6" on top of the 3"bl and some huge tires and my gf bitching she cant climb into it. :evillol:

Reaction score
I can see where this is all leading anyways. I just sold my scion tc. Once I replace it with another small car I can see a 6" on top of the 3"bl and some huge tires and my gf bitching she cant climb into it. :evillol:

Oh well, I'm sure you will find some girl to ride with you. Just kidding..........