cranking 2"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am looking to get just a lil more clearance. I see these "kits" that sell blocks and the re-indexed keys to get 2" of lift. How bad is the ride and wear on the truck when this is installed?

Coupled with appropriate shocks how should it ride? My truck rides not that soft as it is and I don't really mind.

Reaction score
I didn't notice that much of a ride difference when I did mine on my Yukon. As for parts wear you should have none when you use the new keys. It's when you crank your old ones to get the lift is when you put strain and start wearing parts.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so what is the diff between the new keys and cranking stock keys. how does the lift differ that it doesnt wear out the ball joints etc in the same manner.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
idk man i have found that to not be the case, at least not on my s10. everything wore out and it rode like ****.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From what I understand the angles on all the joints will still be stressed. I would even settle for a slight rake and go 1" in the front. I want to do a full lift next year. I am just waiting until things are right. So this would be a temporary thing just to get a lil more clearance.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i think its even worse because aftermarket keys put even more twist into your torsion bars to get that extra height. i did it to my s10 and know others who have done it and had the same problems, but i instantly had driveline vibrations at 65-70, my cv shaft boots ripped in about 2 weeks, and my ball joint ( which were BRAND new prior to ) were totally junk at about the same time. it was by far the worst mod i had ever done! i was very upset with the ride change and would never do it again. if it were me i would either body lift, or wait for the real deal, because it really didnt give me that much more height and was more of a headache than anything else! beware you have been warned. thats just my experience man!

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How long did it take you guys to install your body lifts?

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i took a weekend and took my time. gap gaurds lifted the bumpers got the fan shroud extensions everything, even painted the frame ( crappy michigan roads make it look like i didnt now ) if i was rushing it would prob take a few hours. but with hand tools idk what it would take. i would recomend making it a weekend project and making it look like it was like that stock as much as you can. but you will be much happier with a BL than cranking i promise you. there will be abs no ride change this way which is why i did it myself.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
due to work and other responsabilities, I would have to split it up into a couple diff sessions. I just dont want to embark on anything I can't finish. I have been down that road and it sucks. So now I think a lil more before I start projects.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah most definatly. well get all your parts and just do the bed, then do the cab and all ( that will take by far the longest ) then do your gap gaurds, then the bumpers. you might look like a tard driving around with pieces and parts done untill you finish but if i was in that position i would do it that way.