Cracked manifold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94 Silverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a crack in my passenger side exhaust manifold today. Hopefully this is my running rich and bad MPG problem. Does anyone know if the Dorman replacement manifolds are any good or is there another brand that's better? I thought about getting one from a junkyard but I'd really like a new or reconditioned one.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's the exact reason I bought my ebay stainless shorties, time I paid for a new manifold and gaskets I would have had pretty close to the header price. I just bought them and put em on they fit right in place of stock manifolds but don't have the AIR tubes in them.

I heard along time ago they warp when they get took off and then it makes em crack when you put them on, I know mine sure did. Pulled em off for engine rebuild no cracks no issues, put em back on and couldn't hardly get the bolts to line up, then noticed they had cracked once I got them on. if you go to the junkyard maybe get ya some manifold spreaders, they go between the pipes while installed then you remove them, it holds them that far apart, then reinstall, but maybe have them sand blasted and then paint or something for a recon. look. You could also check about getting yours welded up.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn't waste money on another set of stockers I'd buy a set of stainless shorties with the O2 Bung and roll with those.

That's the route I took when I found a hairline crack in mines.

94 Silverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had some Edelbrock shorties on mine and all they did was leak. Their flange angles were off. It also makes it almost impossible to get the spark plugs out. I have a stock engine so I'd really rather just replace the manifold with another one. It looks like Dorman is the only company that makes one after market so I guess I'll go with them.