Corner light problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98c1500

Just lift it!
Reaction score
Just put in some new amber LED corner lights, after replacing the bulbs the lights work when the turn signals are blinking, but when daytime or night lights are on the corners are not on niether will they blink. Anyone have this problem before?

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Common with LEDs in our corners, without wiring changes, the only bulbs that work like the originals are made by jam strait, found at most parts stores

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Common with LEDs in our corners, without wiring changes, the only bulbs that work like the originals are made by jam strait, found at most parts stores

Really? No problems with the ones I got from V-LED's on my '94. My setup is slightly different from stock though. I'm also running V-LED switchbacks in my park/signal lights. Even though I modded my flasher to kill the hyperflash with LED's, the switchbacks didn't work right until I wired my load resistors back in. (I had taken them out after doing the flasher mod.) Pretty sure that's due to them freaking out with 2 switchbacks on each side instead of the typical 1 that most vehicles would use.

Anyway mine work fine, though youtube makes the blink action a little quirky lookin'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=286jgAj9lgM

Hmmm, now that I think about it, it's been so long that I had a GMT400 with regular bulbs up front maybe I've forgotten how the corners normally work? Mine alternate with the signals, while the headlights are on. On the black truck they don't come on at all with the signals, while the headlights are off. I think that's normal...corner lights are for nighttime visibility. Lemme go check on the maroon truck, which also has LED's, but no switchbacks or load resistors...

EDIT - OK, after checking the maroon truck, with headlights off the corners light up along with the signals. With headlights on, they light up alternate from the signals. This seems to be the same as with original bulbs. I'm running LED's from SuperbrightLEDs in this truck, no load resistors, hacked flasher to kill hyperflash. No switchbacks. However these aren't bayonet base 1157 style LED's, they're 3157's that I had leftover from another project so I wired in wedge base sockets to re-use them.

Richard

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
LED's are polarity specific. Sometimes, a lotta times, just flipping them in the sockets cures any probs.
These are just the corner lights, correct?
You haven't put LED's in the bumper lights, have you? If so, you'd have to change the flasher unit to an EP29.

98c1500

Just lift it!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Its was the polarity.. I feel dumb now :p as usual thanks for the help guys:High 5: