Cooling fans wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DuallyDreams

Reaction score
Hey all,
Just purchased a 2000 C3500 with 7.4. The previous owners wired up anything extra with lamp cord and wire nuts so it needs to be gone through BAD. It has dual cooling fans (mounted with zip ties ) and the wiring consisted of a ground and a power that came from a wire jammed in with the ecm fuse. Anyone have experience wiring a thermostatically controlled dual stage set up or that has experience with an aftermarket harness/relay set up? I would like a more glamorous set up than a toggle switch lol. Thanks

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Years ago I set up one of my trucks with dual cooling fans...I'll see if I can find the diagram I had, scan it and post it. No promises though, that was a long time ago. It's fairly simple: sensor screwed into the thermostat housing wired to a relay that triggers the fans, and of course, 12v and grounding.

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Years ago I set up one of my trucks with dual cooling fans...I'll see if I can find the diagram I had, scan it and post it. No promises though, that was a long time ago. It's fairly simple: sensor screwed into the thermostat housing wired to a relay that triggers the fans, and of course, 12v and grounding.
What he said. I'd tie one relay and one fan to the ac clutch so you have one running when the ac is on, if you have ac.

DuallyDreams

Reaction score
Thanks a ton for the helpful responses. I'm finding many things on this truck that do not appear to be factory as it hauled a fifth wheel at one time. I have some shopping and more research to do.