Convertor stall and you

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
basically what polar said, stalls are tricky theres a lot to look into other than hwo far you want it to rev before take off. its not one of those things you cna put in there to be cool, its serves a purpose, reminds me of the thread where the dude put a dingle plane manifold on a tbi truck and he couldnt get it to run right because there wasnt the proper vacuum. he did it cause it looked cool, it functioned like .
I remember him.

So pretty much just keep track of the parts specs and upgrade accordingly. What is stock stall on a burb?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
I remember him.

So pretty much just keep track of the parts specs and upgrade accordingly. What is stock stall on a burb?

get a build plan honestly, make a plan of all you plan to do long run and figure out the best time to add a stall. ive learned to make a build plan find you costs figure out what all you need before you do anything. then check it a few times. TC builders will know what you should run to a T so dont be afraid to ask them its their, we can all give ideas but in the long run theres alot more to it than anyone on this site probably knows.

and im not sure about polar but like he said knowing your engines power range is great info to build off of and with a converter it may mean that the trnas will need to be upgraded in some areas as well.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My problem with making a build plan is that I change my plans every so often. Build up what I have, big block swap, LS swap, 6bt swap, etc.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
then you should probably get on making a decision or all this info will be a waste if you drop out your current setup for something entirely differemt cause chances are you cant use the same parts lol. take the time to plan now and save some money by doing it the way you want correctly the first time.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not really a waste, just general knowledge for down the road.
My problem is that I dont really have anyone to sit down with a discuss this sort of thing with. I usually get the typical reaction of just leave it be.

94blu1500

Rocky Hock Offroad
Reaction score
Alright here is what I've got going on; we installed this cam in my brothers 2002 2500hd on recommendation from from lunati that the truck probably would not need a stall converter.

http://www.lunatipower.com/Product.aspx?id=2024&gid=288

We are sled pulling this truck and the problem is that the engine will not turn up past 3200 rpms when pulling. The truck was dyno tuned and made peak power at 5300 rpms. My question is will a high stall converter let the truck turn up while pulling the sled? Or is this a issue we should tackle with gearing?

sent from android mobile

Last edited: