Control Arm Bushings!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canada RCSB Mike

OBS is what I like!!
Reaction score
Hello GMT 400 World,

I have a problem!!!

I ordered a polyurthane bushing total kit from prothane. I have removed the old bushings, and the metal sleeves I need to reuse are to badly rusted and pitted to re use.

Does anyone know where I could get such sleeves. I need both upper and lower bushings (inner and outer) metal sleeves.
Any one ever run into this problem and get around it with out having to buy another set of bushings just to get the metal sleeves?

The wife will kill me if I have to buy another set of bushings!!!!

Trying to stay out if the dog house!!!

Cheers

1ugly88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
had the same problem with my 88. in the end i broke down and bought another set from autozone. i think they were only like 10 bucks a piece. i tried the junkyard route but after drilling out like 7 bushings and finding junk sleeves i just gave up.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
try going to a scrap steel place and getting some steel pipe that is the same size as what you need. it will probably cost like $3 at the most and most places will cut it to the size you need and it usually takes the same amount of time as waiting for the clerk to dig up parts.