components in doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirty

Reaction score
how hard is it to install component set in front doors? mainly putting tweeter in spot in door panel?
door speakers are blown in my 400 and getting ready to pull audio out of my avalanche to sell truck and thinking about installing components in the 400 along with the amps. just not sure about putting tweeter in door panel or if it would have to go somewhere else

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are you talking about the factory tweeter spot on the 95+ door panels? If so, it's doable, but it will depend entirely on which set of tweeters you pick and how big they are. Most 1" diameter tweeters can probably be made to work. I used some 1" DLS reference series silk dome tweeters that came with my components and they fit under the factory grilles just fine.

dirty

Reaction score
Are you talking about the factory tweeter spot on the 95+ door panels? If so, it's doable, but it will depend entirely on which set of tweeters you pick and how big they are. Most 1" diameter tweeters can probably be made to work. I used some 1" DLS reference series silk dome tweeters that came with my components and they fit under the factory grilles just fine.

this is what im hoping for