Complete 96+ 4.3L V6 OEM Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
@df2x4 See anything on here that you need/want? I know there is no K47 stuff out there though.

You must be registered for see images attach

gstubbz

Reaction score
Actually I think there are a few other trucks with the different air box not the oddball one like that red truck has

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@df2x4 See anything on here that you need/want? I know there is no K47 stuff out there though.

I'm 99% sure that is a K47 box actually, does that truck have the RPO sticker intact? If you could get a couple more detailed pics of the box so I can compare it to mine that would be awesome. Looks like exactly what I need.

gstubbz

Reaction score
I'll check that all out tomorrow and take some more pics!

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

gstubbz

Reaction score
Hmmm... I believe the "K47" option was only available on 6.5 trucks that were 97+ models and look like this

Then the GMT800 truck also had a K47 air box that looks like this...

And on my 98 I know for sure it had a large circular air filter but I remember nothing about it being a K47.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hmmm... I believe the "K47" option was only available on 6.5 trucks that were 97+ models and look like this

Then the GMT800 truck also had a K47 air box that looks like this...

And on my 98 I know for sure it had a large circular air filter but I remember nothing about it being a K47.

Both of my trucks are '97s, one is a V6 C1500 RCLB and the other is a K1500 350 Suburban. Both have RPO codes K47, which according to CompNine is the high capacity air cleaner. And both of their factory boxes look like this.

You must be registered for see images

If it looks like that, and has those Donaldson markings on the inside of the case, then it's a gas engine K47 box and I will gladly buy it from you!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just wanted to update and say that pending the arrival of some packages, and whether or not that box gstubbz posted pics of is what I need (which I think it is), I should have everything rounded up finally!

A big thank you to @Z71Hobbs for going above and beyond to find me a bunch of parts!

@gstubbz let me know if that box in the red truck you posted matches my pictures. If it does, I'll take just the box and all the hardware that mounts it to the fender. I've got everything else. Thanks for checking!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pm me your phone number and I'll call you this evening while I'm at my shop.

Think I've got everything together already but thanks! I'll let you know if I end up needing something else for sure. You're pretty close to me and I've got friends in the KC area.