Clearing 22x14 Rims lock-lock ~ 1 Ton SAS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justin93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Im in the process of my SAS on my 93' K15 and came up on a killer deal on 22x14's wrapped in 37x13.5 tires (475$ For rims+tires) and was wondering what it might take to get these to fit with no rub if even possible.

I am aware of the ride rate issues that derivate from adding such weight and track to the overall width such as bearings, tie rods will wear prematurely. I have a set of military tires for daily driving but I want to take it out every once in a while to some shows and wanted to still have the ability to clear lock to lock.

I plan on keeping my 3" body lift and doing a ORD 8" suspension lift leveled front to rear (3" bracket, 5" spring minimum but may go bigger depending on clearance).

Currently have 37x13.5R18 on my 6" IFS lift + body lift but I was concerned if I would be able to clear these new 22x14 wheels with the new SAS 1 ton axles without rubbing.

Specs of Rim set:

Moto Metal 962
22x14 8/6.5
-76MM Offset

Let me know if you guys have had success or any suggestions.

Thanks

freightshaker203

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had 35x14.50 on 22x14 with the 6+3 lift, the only time I rubbed was under compression. Never had any issues lock to lock with ifs.

justin93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had 35x14.50 on 22x14 with the 6+3 lift, the only time I rubbed was under compression. Never had any issues lock to lock with ifs.

I currently have a 6" Suspension lift and 3" body lift as well.

Must of been a nice set to run 14.5" wide tire and only have to worry about them clearing when your suspension goes through full compression - did you do any trimming or anything to fit those?
Considering my right wheel rubs on my shock body at full lock I think you made it out pretty good :cheers:

I never had an issue with my 37x13.50R18 on the IFS Lift myself but with this drastic of a Rim/Width change I wanted to hear what others did to clear there new wheels.

I also prefer the tread shoulders protruding from the lip of the rim IMO, do you have any pics of your rig with that 35x14.50 on 22x14 wheel set by a chance?
Appreciate the feed back to bud :driver:

freightshaker203

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

No trimming at all. The only rub I got was at full clock under full compression it rubbed the bumper a little, but other than that not an issue

freightshaker203

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I'm doing a sas now, on 40x15.50r20. The wheels the tires came with are only 9 wide and rub everywhere lol.Trying to either find a set of 20x14s or trade for 37s on 22x14s

justin93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been a while! Bringing this one back now that I got all my **** together and have the necessary parts to begin the teardown for the SAS.

Currently assembling my front Dana 60 and 14 bolt ff running gear and tapping ARB air lockers into the housings for the 1 ton swap

Looking back at your truck freightshaker203, I'm curious what lift your at and what size lift springs you ended up running front/rear? were the springs take offs from a donor vehicle or did you buy them new?

Are you planning on running 47" or 52" length springs?

What hangars did you use for your SAS or did you make your own brackets for the front?

Hope to hear back from you and see how the builds coming along bud

justin93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
How time flies by! :sleepy:

I am currently in process of my SAS and am waiting to just set the front axle in now (14FF is already in).

In order to help people on here I figure I would update this post - I will also create a build thread to so folks can see my progress, the problems I've encountered and overall just the journey of the build.

I have 9.5" Lift Suspension F+R (Including brackets - Offroad Design)
3" Body Lift

Staying true to my thread, Here are the American Force 22x14 -76mm offset Blade SS8's I came up on in my craigslist area for a STEAL! So cheap, I powder coated them black and they look like new.

I bought brand new Toyo 40 15.50's as well (not cheap).

When the swap is done and all the adjustments have been made I plan on getting some 37's with bead locks to actually wheel in.

In this thread, I hope to address any concerns with rubbing, tire clearance, and other tire related issues.

Status: I've tapped out the Ford Dana 60 Hub so both front and rear hubs are matching lug nuts. Currently working on installing the front springs onto the hangars then drop the vehicle on it's own weight with the wheels on :cheers: