Cheers from Seattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doubleshotV

Reaction score
Just bought my first truck, a '98 GMC K2500 extended cab long bed. I remember dreaming about having a truck like this back in the 90s, but I went the sports car route instead. Now I have a family and I can't carry anyone's motorcycles (or even all the camping gear) in my CTS-V :)

I'll post pics later, once she's presentable. Currently laying down a good coat of wax - there's still a clear coat there to protect! I've also removed some worn-out partially working lights that were bolted to the front bumper and some unknown flanges that were sticking out the side between the cab and bed.

Anyone have a solution for the rubber on the front bumper after removing the license plate mount? I have a couple of big chunks missing from where the top two bolts went in.

Anyway, the truck's painted two-tone black with a silver lower. It has the 454 and a grey SLE interior. The last owner's been taking really good care of it all these years.

Cheers

doubleshotV

Reaction score
Hi everyone, would have replied sooner but I thought I would have received email when someone replied to the thread... but didn't receive any. Anyway, it's a terrible pic, but here's all I have for now. Will post more after I get back from vacation. Cheers

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

doubleshotV

Reaction score
It's been forever, but what can I say.. life happens, eh?! Well, I'm selling my baby and I remembered I totally owe you guys photos while she's still mine. Besides tons of money put into safety & reliability, I also had added a bluetooth head unit, tint, and powder-coated some factory wheels. Super happy with how it all turned out. Love this truck, really going to miss her. Lots of great memories of hauling motorcycles, bicycles, dirt, rubble, apartments, and family all over the place. :)

If anyone has any questions about how I did stuff, please let me know. But really, it's more the other way around - you guys taught me tons. Thanks for all the great info on this site!

I'll try to embed photos here, but if it doesn't work, you can see/download them here on Dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1adsw7btq53zj31/AABA8sfapZRdUCLHk-PPJ-j8a?dl=0

If you want to take her home and you live nearby, look up the Seattle Craigslist.

Cheers!

You must be registered for see images

doubleshotV

Reaction score
Welcome :waytogo: Sounds like a real nice truck.

I grew up in and near Seattle,lived in Arbor Heights way back.

Cool! That's the one place I haven't been yet after almost 20 years here.. whenever I'm flying out of SeaTac, I think wow, it'd be fun to go explore over there!

doubleshotV

Reaction score
...Anyone have a solution for the rubber on the front bumper after removing the license plate mount? I have a couple of big chunks missing from where the top two bolts went in. ...

To answer my own question, in case anyone else bumps into this:

I found that some black electrical tape - cut just the right length - did the trick perfectly. Four years later, through rain, snow, and countless washes, the tape has stuck great. I ended up totally forgetting about those holes. You have to walk up and look close to see they're there. Sure the bumper strip changes elevations there, but it's not obvious to the untrained eye as to why.​

cnowalk

Geologist
Reaction score
To answer my own question, in case anyone else bumps into this:

I found that some black electrical tape - cut just the right length - did the trick perfectly. Four years later, through rain, snow, and countless washes, the tape has stuck great. I ended up totally forgetting about those holes. You have to walk up and look close to see they're there. Sure the bumper strip changes elevations there, but it's not obvious to the untrained eye as to why.​

Took my license plate holder off months ago and have been annoyed with those cut outs since. Thanks for the cheap fix suggestion!