Checklist for carb swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
vacuum is always good started well on cold idle but never liked when youd give it gas during the cold season. i dont drive the truck so in an insensitive way its my buddys issue since he wnated an edelbrock on it. personaly favorite is quick fuel. alot of people complain about hollys going out of adjustment and such QF is essentially the lead guys from i think BG and holley made thier own carb and they are wonderful!

MarkZ28

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have always had very good luck with Holleys, but they were all the 4150 mechanical secondary versions. Never had one go out of tune or need jet changes once I set it up. Edelbrocks/Carters do heat soak bad without a heat shield and insulator. Stop a hot engine and try to start it soon after and its flooded. Other than that they seemed ok, but liked the Holleys much better.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Having tuned both, I'd say the Eddy had more flexibility. The jets were not available to allow stoich cruise with a high 12.X or 13:1 wot afr on the Holley. That heat soak really pissed me off though.

Reaction score
I Prefer edelbrock carbs on daily drivers with steady vacuum , no choppy idle engines.
High perf holley but you need to know how to tune. 90% of problems i see are powervalve related.