changing to 6 lug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i want to change over... but!! not sure what rotor or rear end will bolt up under my truck and all the parts needed... also are the rear ends wider or narrow? i would like a rear end thats 4" narrow then the stock OBS... what ever i get i would like it to have disk brakes...

also the back spacing on the wheels, what would be needed?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes a 2wd light duty 3/4 ton 6 lug rear end is the same length as a 2wd 5 lug rear end, I am thinking about doing that with the matching light duty 6 lug front rotor's on our 2DR.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes a 2wd light duty 3/4 ton 6 lug rear end is the same length as a 2wd 5 lug rear end, I am thinking about doing that with the matching light duty 6 lug front rotor's on our 2DR.

ok cool.. will it bolt right up or do i have to change the the rear Ujoint? what about rear brakes going to disk will i have any problems?

oh are the front bearings the same?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It should bolt up, I am not sure about the u joint, and for rear disc's I would look at using some 99 + NBS rear disc's back there, I am sure there is a way to adapt it to work. I believe the front bearing's are the same also.

nine4gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
88-98 2500 chevy 6 lug 7200 GVW, be aware, not all 6 lug wheels will fit though, due to the hub bore size on the front.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was wanting to change over to the new 2010 truck 20's... but I really just wanted the 9.5 rear end.. but maybe I will just put a 9 inch out back.. can someone tell me how wide the stock 1/2 ton rear ends are?? I wonder if a 9 inch out of a mustang is narrower..