Changing Actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kawikid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The four wheel drive is not working on my 95 tahoe, When I put it in four whell drive the front drive shaft spins but no power to the wheels. Guessing this is an actuator problem in the front differential? Someone please correct me If I am wrong. My question is does anybody have anythreads on replacing this or other ways of making this stronger, Ive read about electrical actuators instead of thermal ones have many people done this? Are there any other ways of making this stronger any input is appreciated.

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well i had the same problem with my old chevy,it was the actualtor and that engagdes the 4wd it locks the front hubs.It isnt had to replace i bought my form advanced auto parts for $65 and i installed it.I also put some silcone around it so when i go threw water it will not short it out.Its a plug and play thing not very hard at all,if you have a power tester unplug it and see if you are getting power to it .If you not get power it could be a fuse or a yanked wire,i woulnd look in that be for you strat buying parts.I hope this helps and save you some money it did for me