Center Console Vault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aleebee156

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dr.Zoom, I can say as simple as that sounds it had not crossed my mind ha. do you know any particulars on fitment of newer consoles to the older style trucks? Im sure theres threads on it, ill search too

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think I could definitely keep a design under $200. I'll play with some 3D models and see where we end up.

Now I'm curious. :lol: Really have no need for one personally but I'd like to see what you come up with.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
Dr.Zoom, I can say as simple as that sounds it had not crossed my mind ha. do you know any particulars on fitment of newer consoles to the older style trucks? Im sure theres threads on it, ill search too

88GMCtruck put a console just like the one in your vault picture. Maybe he wrote it up or could give some info.

http://www.gmt400.com/posts/893472/

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
Actually, that's not exactly the same. Not sure what will fit easily or what modifications would be needed for the vault to fit.

There's a lot of room under my suburban and I've thought about doing something hidden under the carpet.

Reaction score
Hernia and surgery over the holidays slowed me down. Recovering nicely though. Stay tuned.

Reaction score
Ok. Started CADing out a design, and one of the biggest challenges in having now is the fact that there are only 2 bolts that hold that whole console down!! Not to mention a sliding rear tray that pretty much runs the whole length of the console. This prevents the safe from running all the way to the carpet. I am working on a design that gets around all of this. We will see how it turn out.